Monday, August 31, 2009

Another Monday

I am still so up in the air about work that I can't seem to concentrate very well. I am frustrated that my boss left for a few reasons. First, he was such a good boss. Second, when he left I sort of thought, "I wish I was leaving." But then it comes back to bad timing, since I should really wait for the regrade to come through. So I'm waiting, but I'm certainly not happy that I'm waiting.

I've had this restlessness before in other jobs. When I left the computer place, I realized I should have done it much sooner. But then I left in a rush and took a job that I shouldn't have. When I left that job, I came here, which was a pretty good decision. This time I don't want to rush, I want to be sure that I'm making the right decision, and that I'm heading in the right direction. It's just so difficult when I don't know what I really want to do.

On the health/body front, I'm feeling a bit down. My pants are feeling a bit tight, and despite my new body acceptance efforts, I find it easy to fall back into old body-hating patterns. I plan on going for a good walk today at lunch to help ease my mind and give my body some much needed exercise. I still want to add in resistance training, but I've been lazy in not wanting to go to the gym during the nice weather, or because I want to read my book, or "insert-lame-excuse-here." I'm still walking the line in between true self acceptance and the great temptation to start yet another diet.

So it seems that there is plenty on my plate, pardon the pun. On the plus side, only 3 more weeks until I'm on vacation. Hurray!

No comments: