Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Mama Said There'd Be Days Like This . . .

That song just popped into my head as I was about to start this post, and it seems quite appropriate. A few weeks ago my doctor suggested that I try reducing my dose of Celexa, since it has been a few years since we tried last, and I was feeling pretty good. I had visions of coming off them completely, and magically feeling great, despite my history of serious withdrawl symptoms. Well, I barely made it 2 weeks into reducing my dosage, and only by 10mg, and I could no longer handle the withdrawl symptoms. I immediately began to feel like a failure, when my darling husband reminded me that this is not a personal failure, in fact, it isn't a failure at all. Period. I have to admit that without his reminders, I would be much, much harder on myself. What a gem!

No comments: