Sunday, July 19, 2009

Lots to Ponder

I am just remembering the importance of being positive and taking care of all of me. Yes, I need to change my habits, yes, I need to lose a ton of weight, and I also need to speak kindly to myself, have patience and be good to myself. I always seem to forget pieces of the puzzle, because I get too focused on the scale, or a rest day, or some other insignificant detail.

I'm sifting through the book "Thin for Life" and it has a lot of good gems in it. One of the things it mentions is that you should live your life right now, and not put things on hold until you lose weight. I do this all the time! I think, "I'll buy a new winter jacket when I lose all my weight," or "I'll feel beautiful when I lose some weight," or "I'll take up belly dancing when I'm thinner." But my life is passing me by right now, so I need to live it right now! I spent the weekend hibernating/sleeping, and sort of avoiding living. I don't want to waste anymore time, I want to enjoy life right now.

No comments: