Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Teeny Victory

I said no to cake. Free cake. This is a small victory for today.

As for yesterday, I went to dinner with a girlfriend and I didn't have dessert. Then we went to a movie, and all I had was water. This also counts as a small victory on the health front. I am hoping that each small victory can propel me to make more good choices in the future.

We also went shopping in Old Navy and I fit into some gear there, albeit in the XXL size. But still, it was kind of exciting. That is one of the things I am really looking forward to, is having more clothing options, instead of just the plus size stores. I love A&E, but I'm almost too big to shop there, there tops barely fit, and the bottoms are hit and miss, and this is even since they added size 26 to their selection. The jeans I have on today are a size 26 and the waist is pretty snug. Ugh!

A few days ago J commented that my blog is pretty negative, in that I focus on negative things. I was sort of annoyed by that comment for a few reasons. First, I am blogging the reality of my health right now, and it just so happens that it's a bit of a downer. That will likely change over time. Second, I assumed that my blog is my business, and it's sort of like my journal, so when I'm feeling negative, it'll reflect that. I'm new the world of blogging, although I've had a journal since I was 12. I've made this blog public, although I seriously doubt anyone will read it other than my friends, and I don't even expect them to really follow it. It's more for me to rant and rave and hopefully make some serious progress.

I read a few other weight loss blogs, for lack of a better term, and I find them very inspiring. But I don't expect mine to be particularly inspiring until some progress is made. So we'll see. I'm here to track my success and failures and to get it all out onto the screen so that it doesn't stay locked in my worrying mind.

No comments: