Wednesday, July 15, 2009

"Before" Pics

I would much rather call them 'before' pics than current pics. But they are what they are. This post and my measurement post help with accountability and reality. I plan on taking measurements, body fat and pics every 12 weeks to note progress.

Seeing this front pic is tough. I can't believe how big my middle area is compared to the rest of me. My legs look so short, even though I think they are pretty average for my height (5 foot 8). And I always thought my chest was bigger than my belly, which is clearly not the case.










Like the front view, this is also tough to see. I might look short because of the way the pic was taken, from a much taller person. Oh denial, I look for any excuse to explain what I see.


Ah yes, the side profile, quite painful. Aside from what I noticed above, I can't help but think how small my feet look. I'd noticed this about other heavier women before and I just assumed they had small feet. But I wear size 10.5, so my feet are plenty big.



In light of the pics shown here, there are several 'lights' that come to mind. I will be pleased with my progress when my stomach does not precede me when I enter a room, when I am more in proportion and no body part really defines me. Yes, I know that my tummy shouldn't define me, but it really affects how I see myself. And besides, clearly there is a lot of work to be done here. A lot.

No comments: