Thursday, July 16, 2009

Arg!

OK, sorry about the previous post being sort of wonky in it's layout, but that's as good as it's going to get for now. Maybe I'll figure it out by the time I post the Oct 1 pics.

I am taking today as a rest day, so I'll just do some stretching and a light walk around my work building. Then back in the saddle tomorrow.

I am always anxious when I restart my healthy approach, because I fear that it will be like every other time that I have 'tried' and then subsequently 'failed.' This in itself is it's own issue, because from now on there will be no beginning and no end. This is a change to a healthy lifestyle, so I need to stop thinking about its edges. I need to do this continually, and with vigour. I look at my 'before' pics and I tense, because I think of the magnitude of what I need to do.

But when I really look at it, and think back to articles I've read, I remember that it didn't take me a few days to get here, and it sure as hell isn't going to take a few days to get back to a healthy physique. It took me approximately 14 years to gain all this weight, so if it takes me a few years to take it off I'm doing good.

Another lie I have told myself in the past when I make a mistake, is that I'll start over tomorrow/Monday/later/etc. This time, I am correcting immediately, the very next change I get. This can't be a 'diet' that I stick to for a little while and then bail on. It has to be so much more than that.

No comments: