Thursday, April 9, 2009

Things I would like to do

There are many things that I am looking forward to doing as I lose weight. Some of you may think these are silly, or odd, if you've never been heavy or larger. The reason I thought of this list was because I shaved my legs last night, which I usually avoid, since I barely ever show my legs, and shaving in a pain.

So here's my big ole list, no pun intended:
  • wearing dresses without bike shorts

  • being able to have the same clothes fit from year to year, instead of the dreaded, "Crap, this fit last spring. Dammit!"

  • buying nicer clothes that will last, instead of disposable ones
  • hiking, basketball, volleyball, walking, jogging, etc. (Image source: http://www.sxc.hu/photo/950697)

  • not having to take acid reflux medicine
  • no more aches and pains (back, neck, knee, feet, etc.)

  • sleeping better and not snoring as much
  • shopping the smaller/smallest sizes in plus size stores - you know you need to get crackin when you can't shop in some plus size sections or stores anymore.

  • people noticing that I'm losing weight

  • seeing people I haven't seen in a while - you know, you don't see someone for a few years and you gain a bunch of weight during that time, and you know that they know, and you feel self-conscious
  • keeping up with my husband and friends

  • fitting nicely in an airplane seat and being able to easily walk down the aisles and move in the airplane bathroom

  • fitting comfortably in all restaurant chairs and booths, not having to worry as I'm approaching the booth and wondering if I'll fit

  • not being so tired all the time

  • tying my shoes with ease

  • shaving my legs

  • weighing less than J, who is much taller than I am

No comments: