Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Spring Time

I am so glad that spring has arrived (knock on wood)! The snow has really been melting and it gives me hope that the warmer weather will stay. Of the many flowers that I love, lilies are a favorite.

Warmer weather means more outdoor activity, like walking the dogs and sitting on the back deck. Being on an acreage is nice for enjoying nature and taking in the fresh air.

And let's not forget barbecue season. My favorite bbq is kabobs, with lots of vegetables, particularly mushrooms. Yummy!

Yesterday I was reflecting on my change in attitude towards food. For many years, I looked at food as "good" or "bad" and during my "good" times I would count calories religiously, only to fall off the wagon and overeat. It seemed that by labelling food in that way, it made me a little crazy about it, and the more I swore off a certain food, like chocolate, the more of it I would eat.

In my new approach, I am taking a bit of a different path. I am not swearing off any food, but instead listening to my body and its needs. I am thinking about food as fuel, a vital component to my well-being, not something to be afraid of. So while I may keep track of my measurements, weight, body fat and activity, I will no longer obsess about calories.

No comments: