Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Just Say No

I've had two small wins in the last 24 hours that I want to note. Last night we had a moderately healthy dinner, 2 kinds of veggies, poirogies(sp?) and sausage and light sour cream. I had water instead of pop, which was getting easier and easier to have with every meal. I really wanted something sweet after dinner, which I pretty much always do. But I restrained myself and I felt fine. I wasn't really craving it badly, it's almost more of a habit lately, which isn't doing me any favors. Half the time I don't feel that great physically when I have too many rich foods, or too much sugar. So this is where the listening to my body and being more mindful of what I'm ingesting becomes important. So that's win #1.

Then today at lunch we went out with a group from work. I had a clubhouse on multigrain bread with homemade french fries, because I was quite hungry and that appealed to me. I only ate what I wanted and left some on the plate. When dessert menus went around, I said no thanks. Once again, having dessert at lunch often makes me feel sick, so duh, I should be saying no way more often. I seem to function well with 3 meals and 2 snacks a day.

So far, being accountable is going well.

No comments: