Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Remember the Good Things

It is very easy to get caught up in the bad things. You know, those crude and rude comments that people say, or how you're made to feel less than beautiful.

Well, I'd like to make more of an effort to remember the good stuff, not just the blessings in my life, but the nice things that people say.

After not going to see my chiropractor for more than a year, I made it back last week. In catching up I made a comment about being more active, and then I back handed it by saying, "Although it's not like I've lost any weight." She replied, "I think you have lost weight. You look leaner and more toned." The moral of this little story is two-fold. One, I need to stop talking bad about myself, especially my body and the progress I've made. Two, I have made improvements and changes, even if they are hard to detect on a daily basis. So hurray for small gains, or losses as it were.

No comments: