Friday, March 27, 2009

Good Day

I took today off from work to just have a 'me' day. It was great. I slept in till 8 and got up for breakfast and some homework. Then I had a gigantic nap (10:30 - 2:00 pm). Then I watched a movie. Then J came home and we took the doggies for a walk, which I think was good cardio, despite J thinking it's not going to help me get into good shape. When we got back, we did some weights (upper body) and by the end my muscles were shaking, so I think that it was a good workout.

I am starting to get excited about 'living' again. I've spent so many years hiding behind my weight and low energy, that the thought of actually being able to do things again without worrying about if I'll be able to fit in the seat/chair/ride/wet suit/etc or if I'll have enough energy to get through the day. When J and I were talking about the level of fitness that I should aim for he said, "I'd like you to be able to hike in the mountains with me. Not a crazy 8 hour hike, but a normal hike for a few hours." This I can do.

The last time we went hiking I was pretty feeble, and J went on a couple extra hikes with one of our dogs. It would be fun to be able to enjoy the mountains again.

I'd also enjoy vacationing again. In the spring I went to MX with some girlfriends and I could barely keep up. Not only was I tired for most of the time, but I didn't want to go out at night and go dancing, I was tired and hot! This is pretty damn pathetic - I'm only 32 years old! So now that I realize that getting into really good shape will mean that I can engage in life, including vacations, I'm getting pretty excited.

I want my life back. I'm taking it back.

No comments: